Greene County Baptist Association glorifies God by assisting its churches in fulfilling Christ's mission.
The Association holds the core convictions that God is sovereign (Rom. 11:33-36), Jesus is Lord (Rom. 10:9), Holy Spirit is our guide (John 16:13), Scripture is our base (II Tim. 3:16-17), and prayer is essential (1 Thess. 5:17). From these convictions we further identify the following core values that guide our work:
- Healthy, thriving congregations (Acts 2:42-47)
- Local and global missions involvement (Acts 1:8)
- Evangelism and disciple making (Matt. 28:18-20)
- Kingdom growth among all people groups (Col. 1:28-29)
- Cooperation, networks and partnerships (Phil. 1:3-5)
- Relevant, purpose-driven ministries (I Cor. 9:22)
- Spiritual leaders (II Tim. 2:2)
Following God's leadership, the Greene County Baptist Association envisions creating a kingdom-minded climate where:
- Churches empower churches to be healthy by fulfilling their unique God-given mission.
- Churches stimulate churches to be Acts 1:8 churches through local and global missions.
- Churches help churches win their communities for Christ and grow believers into mature disciples.
- Churches network with churches to reach all people groups in Greene County.
- Churches encourage churches in effective and relevant ministry to their community.
- Churches cooperate with churches to grow dynamic leaders who will fulfill Christ's mission.